← Return to Boldly Go
Boldly Go Campaign Rules
What: To honor Gene Roddenberry’s legacy, and to start a conversation about the world we want to build for each other, the Roddenberry Foundation is asking everyone, everywhere to share what gives them hope for the next century. Submissions can include anything, including, but not limited to, photos, videos, letters, or letters (“Materials”). Show Us What Inspires You!
Why: We will combine the submissions received into a single piece of artwork (“Artwork”). A copy of this artwork will be sent into space via a network of Planet satellites, memorializing our collective hopes for humanity’s future in a first-of-its-kind art installation. The Artwork will also be incorporated into one non-fungible token (“NFT”) that will be sold at auction, but may also be used in the future for other charitable purposes.
The proceeds of the Boldy Go Campaign and the NFT sale will be used to support the Roddenberry Foundation’s mission of identifying and supporting organizations who do the real-world work of championing equality, social justice, the arts and innovation. The Roddenberry Foundation will also use the proceeds to support communities and organizations across the globe that are making a positive difference on the issues and themes you highlight in the submissions. This means your submission will not just help us imagine a better future – it can help create one. Join us in shaping a better world – one of inclusion, inspiration and hope.
When: We started accepting submissions on 12:00PM ET September 8, 2021 and will continue to accept submissions until 12:01AM ET on December 31, 2021 (“Submission Term”).
How: You can send your submissions through www.boldlygo100.org, but may also post submissions using the #boldlygo100 hashtag on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter do not sponsor or endorse this campaign and are not associated with the campaign in any way.
When you send or post a submission, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions and our Community Guidelines:
Terms and Conditions
- License. The Roddenberry Foundation (the “Foundation”) shall have the full and complete right in perpetuity to use any Materials received during the Submission Term through any of the channels identified above throughout the universe, known and unknown, (“Territory”) for the uses described in the Why section above, as well as in the following media: (a) all forms of internet, including, but not limited to, all Foundation sites, social media sites and any other third-party sites; (ii) non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”), digital images or videos, and any other electronic media now known or hereafter developed; and (iii) any and all publicity/public relations materials.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership. When you submit Materials, you acknowledge and agree that your Materials do not infringe, or constitute an infringement or misappropriation of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right of any third party. You shall retain ownership of the Materials but agree to provide the Materials for the Foundation’s use as described in the License.
- Unsolicited Ideas and Confidentiality. When you submit Materials that contain comments, suggestions, or ideas (collectively, “Feedback”), such Feedback is not considered confidential and becomes the property of the Foundation. We are not obligated to you if you provide such Feedback. We are free to use, copy, or distribute the Feedback to others for any purpose.
- Children’s Privacy. If the Foundation learns that either Materials have been submitted by persons less than 13-years-of-age or personal information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected through this campaign without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete the Materials and any personal information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has submitted Materials, then you may alert the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indemnification. Should your Materials infringe upon a third party’s intellectual property rights, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation and any commonly owned or controlled affiliates and their respective officers, directors and employees from all damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable outside attorney fees), arising out of or connected with any third party claim or legal proceeding.
- Governing Law. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California in the United States of America without regard to the conflict of law provisions thereof.
- Publication of Material. The Foundation intends to use as many Materials that been submitted as possible, but shall not be under any obligation to cause the Materials to be used hereunder.
- Entire Agreement/Counterparts. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and the Foundation with respect to its subject matter.
We look forward to reviewing the Materials submitted and to assembling the Artwork. To ensure that your Materials are part of the Artwork, ensure that your Materials avoid all of the below.
Do not submit Materials that:
- Depict or glorify violence;
- Promotes terrorism or violent extremism;
- Is intended to harass someone or to incite others to do so;
- Promote hatred, violence or harassment of other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age disability or serious disease;
- Promote or encourage suicide or self-harm;
- Is in any way associated with child sexual exploitation;
- Is excessively gory or sexual;
- Depicts, promotes or glorifies illegal activities in any way;
- Includes other people’s private information;
- Includes excessive nudity;
- Are intentionally submitted multiple times;
- Are intended to suppress participation or mislead people about the civic process;
- Impersonate individuals, groups or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse or deceive others; or
- Includes advertising or marketing content of any kind.