NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN TO REGISTERED USERS OF TWITTER AND/OR INSTAGRAM AND/OR FACEBOOK AND/OR INTER USERS WHO CAN ACCESS https://boldlygo100.org/ WHO ARE UNDER 30 YEARS OLD AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO A CONTEST. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Provider: The Roddenberry Foundation
THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. Data rates may apply when participating, see below for details.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering The Roddenberry Foundation Young Changemakers Contest, which is operated via The Roddenberry Foundation social media pages, accessible at the domain, https://twitter.com/RoddenberryFdn and/or https://www.facebook.com/TheRoddenberryFoundation and/or https://www.instagram.com/theroddenberryfoundation/ (collectively, “The Roddenberry Foundation”) you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Promotion (as defined below and as included on the rules page of the Boldly Go campaign page here https://boldlygo100.org/rules/), and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Promotion, whose decisions are final.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smart phone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you to access this contest, you may also enter the contest via any of those devices during the Promotional Period (as defined below). If you choose to enter via wireless device, you may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier.
2. Eligibility. This Promotion is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users of the Twitter and/or Facebook and/or the Instagram Service and/or internet users who can access https://boldlygo100.org/; and (b) under 30 years old at the date of entry into this contest. Employees, directors, and immediate family members of the contest Entities and their parents, and affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. For purpose of the foregoing, “immediate family” is defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Registered User(s)” means a person that has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a user identification (“ID”) and associated password (“Password”) on the Instagram and/or Twitter and/or Facebook Service; there is no fee associated with becoming a Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram Service registrant and/or a becoming a follower of The Roddenberry Foundation.
3. Promotional Period: The Promotion begins on October 18, 2021 at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 11:59 pm ET on October 31, 2021, (the “Promotional Period”).
Contest Entry Period: The contest begins at 12:00 pm PT on June 11, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on June 13, 2021. To enter, participants will be asked to follow the instructions below.
1. Create a post on social media and tag #BoldlyGo100 and #YoungChangemakers, or post at https://boldlygo100.org/
Once you complete all the actions above, you will receive an entry into the contest. The prize drawing will take place on or around November 1, 2021.
Participants may enter multiple times. If any changes occur and they affect the Promotion, including without limitation, the need to cancel a contest, such changes will be posted on the Show fan pages (as defined above) on the Twitter and/or Instagram Service.
2. Prizes: The contest will award five (5) prizes of US$500. The Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Promotion is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (US$2,500.00).
Limit of one prize per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
3. Prize Restrictions: Certain terms and restrictions may apply to Prizes and will be furnished upon Prize claim. Prize is solely for Prize winner’s use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of each Prize winner. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the contest Entities.
4. Winner Notification: Prizes will be awarded by selection. The Prize selection will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Prize winners (the “Winners”) will be notified by Administrator, via a message to their Twitter and/or their Instagram Service and/or Facebook account. Please note: Participants must have their direct message feature turned on their Twitter and/or Instagram Service and/or Facebook account. Potential Winners will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility with these Official Rules. If no contact has been made with a potential Winner after a reasonable effort has been made during (2) business days from the date of the first notification attempt, Administrator will select an alternate potential Winner (one per contest), as specified above. If attempt fails, unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded.
5. Prize Taxes: All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this contest, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
6. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Winner(s) may be required to complete, execute, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and a W-9 tax form, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the contest Entities to use a Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
8. Improper Conduct: Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Promotion and refuse to award a Prize or any part of a Prize, if a Winner engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of a contest or detrimental to other entrants of a contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Promotion. Winners agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledge(s) that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Integrity of Promotion: If, for any reason, a contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason such as, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion and/or a contest and not award the Prize(s) or select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
10. Lost or Corrupted Entries: The contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to this contest.
11. Damaged Property: The contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from this Promotion.
12. Promotion Errors: The contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in this Promotion and/or a contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Promotion; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
13. Prizes and Prize Winners: The contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Winner, the distribution of a Prize(s), the acceptance/possession and/or use/ misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Promotion.
14. Release and Indemnity: Each entrant in this Promotion, including, without limitation, the Winner(s), hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Promotion and/or a contest and participation in any activity related to this Promotion and/or a contest.
15. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE PROMOTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE PROMOTION AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
17. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address or wireless phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address and/or phone number submitted at time of registration into Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and/or entry into the Promotion and/or contest. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
18. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. Any controversy or claim, arising out of, or relating to, these Official Rules and/or this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of San Francisco and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
19. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles.